Make money on Instagram
Make money through your Instagram profile by advertising products and services for lots of different companies. Find out how to do it here.
How to make money on Instagram
Companies that want to get in touch with your followers will usually contact you through Loggershut. Here you and the companies can agree on the terms that apply when you test or advertise their products.
One way to negotiate the price of a layout on your Insta is to take the number of followers on your profile and divide it by a CPM number. CPM stands for: the price per thousand and refers to the number of followers you have on your Instagram profile.
For example, say you have 5,000 followers and you agree with a company on CPM25. Then you will earn 125 DKK per setup. If, on the other hand, you have 15,000 followers and agree on CPM40, you will earn 600 DKK per setup. So the more followers you have, the more money you will make. It can be beneficial to suggest to the company that you combine your posts on Instagram with other social media such as Snapchat, Facebook or your blog.
Another way to calculate the price is; a Swedish company made a calculation to use as a guideline to calculate how much money you can earn per layout on Instagram. However, this is only a guidance tool for how much you can earn as it also depends on how attractive you and your profile are to the company in relation to the product or service they want to advertise.
How to get followers?
Here are a few tips on how to get followers on Instagram:
- Find a post you like and follow the Instagrammar who made the post. It then creates a chance that that Instagrammer will also start following you
- Be active on Instagram daily
- Create online contests and giveaways with ridiculous entertainment content. Your followers will love sharing this.
- Find out when in the day you usually get the most likes. This is the perfect time to share Instagram photos and videos in the future.
- Add questions and encourage dialogue with your followers. For example, What do you think of…?
- Use local hashtags as geographic tagging. For example #London, #Paris or #New York
- Get other Instagrammers to talk about you and tag other people’s profiles in your posts when relevant
- Photos with faces get the most likes
- Photos with good light perform better than those without.
Some absolute No:
Do not buy fake followers. It’s a waste of money and it makes your profile unreliable. It’s basically as counterproductive as peeing on yourself. Why? At first it is warm and nice but it quickly gets icy cold. Also dump hashtags like #followme and #likeforlike
Do not spam others with irrelevant #hashtags. Instead, use hashtags that are actually used. Tex hashtags like #photooftheday